Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hiking up to Silver Lake

Today was overcast, so instead of going camping, we just went up to the mountains to hike and relax. We went with Uncle Bart, Jesse and Wyatt. We first had a picnic at the Roadhouse picnic site. After full tummies we drove up to the Silver Lake trailhead. The road was very bumpy and Mcrae and I kept saying how bumpy it was and that we wished we were almost there. We started to hike a few steps, when Mcrae wanted to be picked up. First he asked Grandma, then Papa, then Uncle Bart. They all said no and offered to take him back down the trail, but he wanted to keep going. We went for about 1/4 of a mile before Mac was tired and wanted to go take a rest in the car. So grandma went back with him and I continued up the mountain with everyone else. I slipped a few times, but had a lot of fun. Papa and I finally went back and left the other 3 to go up to the second lake.

When we got back to the car, Mac was napping so I went exploring with Papa for a bit. When Mcrae woke up we went with Grandma and Papa and threw rocks in the lake and sticks, too. Then we discovered a prairie dog town and watched them for almost an hour. We could get pretty close to them even.

Everyone soon came back and we left for home right before it started to rain. It is good we left when we did. It was another fun day.









No comments: