Tuesday, June 22, 2010
BEARS!!, Oh MY
On our first day through Sequoia National Park, Dave and I went on a 3.4 mile hike up to Topakah Falls. We didn't expect to see bears on our route, so we were quite surprised when we came across one in the meadow by the stream about 100 yards away. Imagine our surprise when on the way back, we saw the same bear eating bark from a tree about 20 feet away. I'm glad he wanted only tree bark, cause we were close enough to be dinner! But I got some great pics and movies.
We spotted this small black bear in the Round Meadow the second day of our trip at Sequoia.

At Round Meadow, we saw 3 bears feeding on grasses in the meadows. The bear below was not afraid of getting close either. We just came across him on our way around the meadow. He crossed the wooden path and continued into the middle of the meadow to enjoy the tall grass. But he was watching me closely as he crossed over. I didn't move an inch until he went on a bit further.

All in all we saw 9 bears in Sequoia National Park, all small black bears and one quite large one in Yosemite.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment